Thimble Thoughts

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Justin and I had the opportunity to participate in the music today at the funeral of a man in our church, Brother Don Thomas. I sang in Mrs. Tammy Carter's place with our ladies trio since she was on our Sunday School outing and Justin sang with the Sons of Faith. I was glad we could be there and, hopefully, be a blessing to the family.

Brother Don and his wife burried their son, Brad, just three months ago. Brother Don's sudden death has been a great heartbreak for his wife, Mrs. Linda and their daughter Kristie. Please keep their family in your prayers. I know they would greatly appreciate it.

We came home and rested a little before leaving for Rest Home Ministry. I have pictures and a couple of videos to share, but it's too late and I'm too tired to download them. However, I can say that it was a blessing being with daddy tonight and seeing him up preaching again. He preached a message called GPS...GOD'S Positioning System. We need to be aware that God is always watching our moves and telling us which way to go. But are we tuned into Him to where we know which way He wants us to turn? It was a really good sermon and I was blessed by it.

We had a wonderful time singing and fellowshipping with the residents. They are such sweet people and a simple handshake or smile just brightens their day. So you can imagine what the services mean to them.

There were several of our church people that came and sang. I love that hymn In The Cross and Brother Ray Johnson sang it tonight. I just cried like a baby. It's one of my favorites. Hannah sang Speak Lord, and her little voice was so sweet to hear. I hope you don't mind if this mama thinks so. I sang a song by the Primitives called There's A Man In Here. Justin played the guitar for me while I sang. And then Justin sang Never Too Old To Pray. It's such a great song. When daddy heard it a couple of weeks ago when he was so sick, he cried and said that when he got back to the rest home for services, he wanted Justin to sing that song. So he did that just for him tonight. I didn't get a video of it, but I'll try and get one soon and post it so you can hear it. I'll post the words to the chorus for you tonight though.

If my voice starts to leave me,
and I can not talk
If my feet, start to fail me
and I can't even walk
Or if my eyes
grow so dim
I can't see my way,
I'll never get too old to pray.

Labels: ,