Thimble Thoughts: Hungry?

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Hungry?

With several things on my mind getting us ready for church, supper being one of those things, I quickly ran into the kitchen, pulled out the pork chops from the oven, put in the biscuits, stirred my green beans, and started my rice.

Oh yes, the rice....so many cups of water and half that amount of rice. Seeing the men in my family love rice, I poured in six cups of water and waited for it to boil to pour in my three cups of rice.

The water boiled, I poured in my three cups of rice and went on to finish getting ready for church. I came back to check the rice and to my surprise my medium size pot was filled to the brim and there was no moisture in the pot. Then it hit me.....the cup I used is a two cup measure. Therefore, I used six cups of water AND six cups of rice. Needless to say, we'll be eating rice for a couple of days.

Anybody hungry?

Labels: