Thimble Thoughts: And The Entries Are.....

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

And The Entries Are.....

The kids and I entered some photography pictures in the fair this year. I entered this first one in the "two or more persons, black and white portrait" category.


I wanted to enter a beach scene and had two to choose from but could only enter one in the "seascene, color" category. So I had to choose between this one.......


...and this one. Asking different people their opinion, the bottom one here was ultimately entered. Once it was in its frame, it was really beautiful.


I told the kids that if they finished their school work on time, I would drive them around so they could snap some shots to enter. We made several stops and they took several pictures, but here are the ones they chose to enter.

This one is Justin's.


Hannah entered this black and white in a silver frame.


This was our first year ever doing this and it was a lot of fun for the experience. I told the kids that it didn't matter if we didn't win anything, I was just excited about entering something. Well, Harrison took this picture of these longhorns. I tried to discourage it because even with it zoomed all the way in, it looked so far away. But he really wanted those longhorns in there. So I let him take the picture. When he entered, he was given a ribbon and told that he would be receiving a check with his very own name on it. He looked up at me and said, "See!" I glanced up at all the other entries for 5 to 8 year olds and they all had ribbons and the promise of $1.00. Harrison was thrilled to pieces.

Labels: , , ,