Thimble Thoughts: Just Keep Sewing, Keep Sewing.....

Friday, June 15, 2007

Just Keep Sewing, Keep Sewing.....

I have one more pair of coulottes to make and an alteration on a shirt of my own and I'll be finished.

I'll have pictures when this last pair of coulottes is completed.

You'd think someting like a simple pair of coulottes would take just a matter of minutes, thirty at the very most, to pop out. I suppose that for some, this would certainly be the case. But I am afraid I do not fall into the "some" catagory. There are things that some people are good at and things that others are not. I am an "other" when it comes to sewing.

However, I was given a much needed boost from my parents when we arrived at their home last night and Hannah was wearing a pair of coulottes that I had started on earlier in the afternoon while my dad was there. They were amazed that I had already finished that said pair. Well, what they didn't know was that I had cut them too small, had to rip the seam out of the sides, piece it together with scraps, and cover up my faux pas by making pockets to go on the side. This of course took me from 1:00 to 6:00. Yes, that's right. Five whole hours. I do not feel these are wasted hours. And I'll probably keep my machine out to sew a little something everyday. Practice never hurts, right?

Hannah had spent the night with her grandparents Wednesday night after church. On Thur, after she had lunch with them at Loves Fish Camp, mom headed back to work and Hannah and dad stopped at Wal Mart to purchase some cute fabric........for more coulottes.........thanks, dad.

One is teal camoflauge and the other is pink and spring green camoflauge. I call them, CAMOlottes. Get it? CAMOlottes? Hey, it's the best I could come up with.

So after today, LORD WILLING, she'll have a pink pair, blue pair, orange pair, pink camo pair, and teal camo pair. I'm still contemplating the blue pair. I've had a little faux pas there as well. Which brings me to a question for all you sewers out there.....

How in the world do you cut five pair of coulottes from the same pattern, and two pair of them are cut smaller than the other three. Even though they're all the same size? Sewn on the same settings? Can you answer me that?

Anyway, I'm off to sew again and run some errands. Hope y'all have a great day!

Labels: