Thimble Thoughts: Out From Under The Umbrella

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Out From Under The Umbrella

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThe weather was cold and rainy this afternoon and tonight. As I was walking out of the church with Hannah and Harrison the rain was pouring, the winds were blowing, but we were safe under my very big umbrella. As we drew closer to the car both Hannah and Harrison walked out in the rain getting soaked and frozen. I couldn't figure out what would make them want to leave the shelter of my umbrella only to get cold and wet! As I thought about it I was thinking that it's like that with us and the Lord. He has his umbrella of protection out over us and for whatever reason, we let things distract us, leading us from His protection, and we end up cold and wet! Why do we do that? Why would we be crazy enough to step outside the shelter of His protection? It's so much better when we're under His umbrella. When we're out in the spiritual elements without His protection is when the devil attacks us with everything he has, sending the rain and the winds. I couldn't stop the wind from blowing or the rain from falling on my children unless they came back to me to get under the umbrella. It's the same way with spiritual rains. The Lord is waiting for us to come back to His hand of protection. It doesn't take but a prayer and the devil loses everytime.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


"But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil."
II Thessalonians 3:3
I took my camera to church tonight to take a picture of something my parents had bought for the church so I took a couple of pictures of this and that too. My batteries were going low so I only got a few before they went dead. :(

Brother Johnny, our Associate Pastor and Choir leader, getting ready for Choir practice.


This is a quilt that all of us ladies made for our church's fiftieth anniversary. The pictures on it were ones taken throughout the fifty years and they were scanned and printed on fabric before we sewed them on. It was a lot of fun doing this quilt. It hangs in our church vestibule. In fifty-three years, our church has had three pastors. Brother Cook, Brother Boone, and Pastor Goodman.


This, as you probaby already know, is my Harrison. His shirt was hanging out, but we did fix that before church started. LOL He's standing in front of the ten commandments that my parents bought for the church this week. They are very heavy! Pastor hopes to move it to the flower bed this spring. It will take SEVERAL men to move it.

Labels: , ,