Thimble Thoughts: Six Weird Things About.............ME??

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Six Weird Things About.............ME??

I was tagged by Mrs. B for the '6 Weird Things About Me' meme. My initial reaction was There's nothing weird about me. But I knew that wasn't true, so here goes.....

1. I have a compulsion to count things by twos or fours. I cannot enter my kitchen without counting my cabinets or look at my backdoor without counting the brass butterflies that hang above it. I'm like this with everything! I count, count, count. You can in fact count the dimples of a golf ball if you use a black sharpie to mark your counted dimples. I have to count the blocks on my closet doors by fours when I go to bed or before I get up or anytime I'm facing them. I like counting the lines in digital numbers on digital clocks. I count the lights in our church everytime I sit down from choir. I spell numbers in my head and have to move my toes when I do it. Don't ask me why. And I never retain the numbers for some reason. I just count. LOL It's crazy, I know, but this HAS to be the weirdest thing about me.

2. I have a tendency to drive my kids up the wall when they need a simple answer to what they think is a simple question. I can go on and on and on and sometimes end up in a rant from chasing rabbit trails that eventually lead to personal convictions and end up "preaching a sermon" of some sort. The kids may ask, "Mom, do I have any clean socks" and I spend thirty minutes answering this simple yes or no question that eventually leads to a sermon against smoking or how we should love our Pastor. LOL If I have ever left a comment on your blog or you know me in person, I always have a mouthful to say. Sorry about that...that's just who I am.


3. I can't sit in my recliner without my toes and feet wiggling. Justin has pointed that out.

4. I never think to turn a light on in any room I enter at home. Whether it's the kitchen, the bathroom, the bedroom, etc., Bruce is forever coming in behind me and turning on lights wherever I go. LOL What would I do without him? And I have the same reaction everytime. When a light suddenly pops on I think to myself, "Wow, that's better." But do I learn from it? Apparently not. I have learned that although light is better, I can do anything in the dark.


5. I'm scared to be in the house at night when Bruce works third, but I'm not afraid to stand outside in the middle of the yard during those same hours when the dog needs to go out.

6. I am allergic to Tilex and bleach, but I must and insist that my bathrooms be tilexed and/or bleached on occasion. Usually I break out or my hands swell and itch alongside a brutal headache. Very uncomforting for a while, but I get over it and do it again eventually.

OK, these are six weird things about me. Now it's your turn. I am tagging ALL of my blogging buddies. If you are listed on my links or we visit each other regularly, that includes YOU! I'll be looking!!

Labels: