Thimble Thoughts: Visit With The Folks

Monday, January 22, 2007

Visit With The Folks

I got an unexpected, yet pleasant phone call from my mom this morning wanting to know if we wanted to come over for a visit. Normally, on a school day I don't plan anything until after lunch, but we decided to go for lunch instead. Mom fixed spaghetti pie and it was so good.

I helped her do some things on her computer and we watched a little bit of home movies from when my brothers and I were much younger. Several years ago daddy took our old home movies and put them on VHS with background music. I'm talking about home movies that go back thirty-five years ago and even before that.

Hannah was cracking up because all we did everytime the camera was on us was smile and wave. I had to remind her that there was no sound on those old cameras and the only thing people knew to do then was smile and wave. LOL She also got tickled at how the light from the camera would sometimes blind us. Do any of you remember those cameras?

Harrison was thrilled to see me as a newborn baby and said, "Ahhh, Momma, you were a cute little baby." Well, duh! What else did he expect??

I got really tickled at my mother's beehive hairdo and pretty ringlets on the side. Mother has never been one to be out of style if she can help it and she certainly was stylin' in the 60's and 70's! As I recall, there was a lot of plaid in these movies. UGLY plaid, what I'm talkin bout! And those great big glasses that swallowed the face. Who designed those anyway??

It was fun watching and they let me bring the tape home. Bruce is going to put it on a DVD for me. They made a copy for my brothers when they left home to join the military, but did I get one when I left home? NO! And I must confess that I am somewhat bitter about that. But that's OK. I have it now.

Labels: ,