Thimble Thoughts: Happy New Years

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Years

Happy New Years, everybody!! I hope you all had a wonderful time bringing in the New Year. We sure did!

We had a service last night where several of our preacher boys did some popcorn preaching in between lots of songs. It was really wonderful. One of the sermons preached was by Brother Troy Tucker. He just finished his first semester at Ambassador Baptist College. He did a really good job. His sermon was on soul winning, taken from Ezekiel 3:17-19, "Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die: and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity: but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou has delivered thy soul."

Brother Troy had two simple questions in his sermon that I thought were very good questions with these verses and made me stop to think about my soul winning.

*How bloody were our hands in 2006?
*How bloody will our hands be in 2007?

Thank you, Brother Troy for a very heart stirring five minute message. That's all they had was five minutes. Some of the best preaching you'll ever hear are those little five minutes sermons. LOL

After the singing and preaching, we all gathered at the gymnasium for soup, sandwiches, and dessert. It was a nice time. We didn't stay all night, but we certainly did pray in the new year. When we left the gym, several of us went to Mike and Susan McCurry's home for more fellowship, food, and fireworks. What a load of fun that was! We had a really good time, as we do everytime we're at their home.

I forgot my camera :( but Susan said she would try to remember emailing her pictures to me when she got a chance. So maybe I'll have some to share soon.

We got home just before 2:00. The kids hit the sack and Bruce and I stayed up playing on the computers for a little while. Around 3:00 or so I nestled down in my new jammers my Mommy got me and laid my head on my new feather pillows my mommy got me and slept until 10:30 this morn. I'm glad my mommy loves me cause I slept great!

Resolution? Well.................LOL, let's just say I broke it twenty minutes after midnight. LOL OH well, there's always next year. ;) Just kidding. My resolution was to just not say the first thing that pops into my mind. I have a problem with that. So my friends, SD and Pam have promised to help me with that. I'm counting on you, girls! :)

Did you have a resolution for 2007? If so, what was it?

Labels: