Thimble Thoughts: This and That

Thursday, December 07, 2006

This and That

The play that I'm directing is coming along fine. I don't seem to be as nervous this year, but maybe that's because SD is nervous enough for both of us. It's going to be great. The family I chose to be our Peanut Butter Christmas family couldn't be more perfect in delivering their lines. I'm so excited about the play. I think it's going to be great!

Today is going to be a busy day for me. What's new? LOL I have several things to accomplish before tonight. We'll be having our ladies Christmas fellowship tonight at a restraunt in Gaffney. I know we'll have fun.

My little girl is sick. She's dozing in and out of sleep right now. Bless her heart. Usually she gets sick and within a couple of days she's better. But this time it's hit her harder than usual. She looks like she might be running a low grade fever. I'll have to check on that the next time she wakes up. Please say a prayer for her.

Harrison is slurping milk from his cereal bowl. Right now he has his head in the bowl. LOL I guess he's pretending he is a cat.

Justin has yet to grace us with his presence this morning. I guess he forgot to set his alarm. I'm going to have to wake him up.

I didn't sleep well last night. There was a drug deal gone bad near our church and someone was shot and killed. I was afraid it was someone's parent or family from our bus ministry, but found out that it was not. I was glad of that. I still hated to hear that someone lost their life and maybe never knowing Christ. That's a sad thought. Anyway, when we got home, the hellicopters were flying over our area. That wasn't good to see. Bruce was leaving for work, the kids were tired and going to bed, which left me with Tipsy. And she ain't no guard dog!! LOL I slept (off and on) on the couch and finally gave in after 4:00 and went to bed. Mom said I wasn't trusting the Lord. I told her I did trust Him, but sometimes I felt He might need my help. :}

Please pray for my dad. He's been very sick the last week and has had very little or no appetite at all. They sent him to the doctor from his dialysis treatment yesterday and the doctor wanted him to go to the hospital for Xrays. When I picked him up to take him to the hospital, he was so weak he could barely get off the couch. We haven't heard back from the doctor yet so hopefully they'll call this morning with those results. He has a very bad cough and he burps continually. They are looking at his lungs for pneumonia since he's prone to get that and also at his gall bladder. They are also looking to make sure he doesn't have congestive heart failure. Since his kidneys aren't working there is a great deal of fluid build up and they have to watch for that. Just keep him in your prayers today, please.

Well, that's all the news for now. Hope you all have a great day!

Labels: ,