Thimble Thoughts: Bruce Is In The Spirit Of Christmas

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Bruce Is In The Spirit Of Christmas

Bruce has been off a total of eight days since May. (Please pray about that! Be specific. It's his machine that is not running good. Pray the Lord's blessings on that machine so that he won't have to work every weekend.) He's still able to make it to church. He misses the morning Sunday service though. If you would, please put that on your prayer list. We'd appreciate that.

We ARE going on a couple's retreat this weekend and he asked off for an extra day so that we could go up early and enjoy some time alone together for our anniversary which is the 22nd. We'll be married sixteen years. He's the love of my life, that one!! I don't know how he puts up with me, but he does.

OK, enough mush. Where was I going with this? Oh yeah! Because he has had to work so much and has had very little family time, home time, etc, he's been in what we like to call "a mood." LOL You know, melancholy. Or blue. However, he woke up from sleeping yesterday and was dressed and ready to hit the road. We had to be at the church at 7:00 to practice with the bluegrass group and decided we needed more lights. So we went to a store called Sandy's Country Christmas. Sounds nice, huh? Truth is, it's a little no-nothing shop with boxes in the isles and less than organized. But they have GREAT prices. He bought 650 more lights, each of us a new ornament for this year, a bulb check gun, and some name tags for packages. I don't know where we're going to put 650 lights. I guess he's going to do the outside of the house. If there were any more lights on the tree you could see it from space. LOL He actually did buy at least one set for the tree because the way I engineered the lights this year, I have no plug for my angel. It would be easier to buy a set of lights and throw 'em on than to take everything off and start over. LOL Isn't he just the sweetest thing??

We shopped at Dollar General too. Do y'all like Dollar General? That's one of my favorite knick knack stores. I frequent there often. We picked up some cards and things like that last night. Really we were filling up time because we were going to be too early to be at the church and since we don't have a key we decided to fill up time there.

We lost one of our bluegrass singers a couple of years ago. They moved to Indiana. She's been hard to replace, but we found someone very special to my heart to take her place. I can't say who it is because Pastor wants it to be a surprise. I didn't know that a few weeks ago or I wouldn't have told fifteen people in the church. LOL Just kidding. I think I only told two or three. Anyway, she's doing a great job. And I am proud to say that our oldest son, Justin, will now be in the group playing his guitar. He's very excited about playing next to his dad.

Bruce has been in the Christmas spirit since we left the store last night. He's like a little kid at Christmas time with eyes all aglow.

Labels: ,