Thimble Thoughts: WOW

Friday, November 24, 2006

WOW

What a morning! Bruce and I left the house at 3:30 AM and was at our first destination at 3:45. We were content to stay warm in the car until the doors opened at 5:00. But Nooooooooooooo. Other customers just had to start standing in line. So we got out and jumped in too. The first 200 customers were given gift cards towards their purchases or to just give as a gift to someone. That was cool. I used mine toward something I bought for one of the kids. Bruce used his towards something he bought me. He wouldn't tell me what it was, but he did say I was really going to like it. :)

I didn't realize how ridiculous I looked until day began to break. I had on a knee lenth denim full skirt with the cut off fringe around the hem, a white sweat shirt with three little angels on the front that I have worn every Thanksgiving shopping day for as long as I can remember, and red socks with christmas trees on them. The socks and the skirt did not go.....trust me! The socks used to have jingle bells on them, but they got on my nerves and as I recall, I yanked them off in the middle of a store last year and threw them away. I was in the Christmas spirit, but the jingle bells were too much for me that early in the morning. LOL

Bruce and I found some really good deals. Everyone seemed to be pretty tame but we did hear about some people getting trampled. One person said it happened in California and the other said it was in Charlotte. It really doesn't matter where it happened. All that matters is that it happened and it should not have. There were people with broken legs, arms, ribs, etc. That's really horrible. What could be so important that it's worth you knocking someone down and breaking their bones? As Hannah would say, "That's so not cool!"

We made it back home around 11:00, shoved the kids into the bathroom while we carried everything in and laid down to nap. In case you're wondering why the bathroom, it's because the living room and their bedrooms face the driveway and we didn't want anyone peeking out the windows. LOL

Bruce has to work tonight so I guess he's down for the evening until it's time to get ready for work. I had a good time with him today. He'll be off tomorrow so I'm really looking forward to having him home with us again.

Labels: ,