Thimble Thoughts: My Labor Day Weekend

Monday, September 04, 2006

My Labor Day Weekend

My weekend started out with cleaning my Mother's house early Friday morning. I was up at a little after 5:00, drove down to get gas and was cleaning her house by 7:00. I went to work at the church for a little while after cleaning her house and when I got home from working there, my entire family was gone.....even the dog. I thought the rapture had come!! So I got online to see if y'all were still here. Then my family came home.....even the dog.

I took my camera to the church and got some pictures of the flowers that some of us planted a few months ago. There's a sweet lady in our church that donated some of these flowers from her garden, but she had a knee replacement shortly thereafter and has not been able to see how beautiful they look in front of the church.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, we spent the first part of the day cutting grass. But poor Justin had so many problems. He has a huge splinter stuck in his foot making it difficult to walk, the lawnmower's wheel fell off one of his customer's mowers, and then his Grandmother's mower nearly set fire. LOL SO~he was pretty bummed out Friday afternoon. But we're going tomorrow to finish cutting the first yard and his Uncle Bryan was kind enough to work on Grandmother's mower and finish cutting her yard. Now all we have to do is get the splinter out of his foot.

Saturday evening we had our SIGMA Parent cookout and Bruce and I were given our team list. We have 46 teens in our youth group so we were given 23. RUSH night will be the 24th of this month so we'll be working very hard the next couple of weekends. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm a little nervous too because this kicks off the SIGMA year for points. Wednesday is our official first night of SIGMA and Bruce and I are beginning to feel very excited over working along with Brother RJ and Sis Liz, and the other set of sponsors, the Weavers.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The food!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting This is Mrs. Janet spraying off the steps. Her husband TRIED to get me in the face with a banana split pie to initiate me into SIGMA, but he wasn't very successful. I fought like a Barracouata and I do believe he was wearing more of that pie than I was.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting playing

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Hannah swinging Baby Sam.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting football

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Harrison swinging around in circles

Then Sunday was my Mother-in-law's birthday. After the morning service, the kids and I stopped to pick up her birthday cake and met Bruce over at her house for cake and ice cream. She turned 66 years old Sunday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARIE! :) Barry and Liberty and their boys were there. Bryan and Cindy and their girls came later. We missed them while we were there, but had a nice visit anyway. Marie is going on a cruise with her brothers and sisters week after next so we gave her some spending money. She's going to go shopping with it and buy her some new outfits for her cruise. She was really happy with that.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The Birthday girl...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Me and Bruce

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Marie and Hannah

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I thought this picture was funny because Harrison and Carl were taking turns spinning each other on the stool and when I snapped the picture it looked like Harrison had punched Carl. LOL


There was another blogger that told why she loved her church and then asked why we loved our church and why. This was my comment:

I love my church because our Pastor isn't afraid to let go and let God take over the service. We like to sing too. Our Choir usually sings an opening chorus and we usually always have two special choir songs, but that can change at any given moment. We've been known to have four or five choir songs. To be honest, our song service usually goes for an hour and then Pastor will end up preaching almost an hour. Needless to say, we don't beat the Methodist to the restaurnts, we just wave by to them as we pull in the parking lot. LOL But we have a lot of great services, like tonight for instance, the Holy Ghost of God fell on our service and although Pastor didn't preach, there were several preachers in the service that stood up and gave "mini sermons" that were prompted by the Holy Spirit. They were GOOD TOO! There were testimonies all over the building of God's goodness. There were people coming to the alter praying for spiritual healing, physical healing, and just thanking Him for what He's done in their lives. A mother and father who were just told their newborn baby girl is deaf, brought her to the alter and had her prayed over. Another man who has been coming off and on for several months just could not take it any longer and knelt to accept Christ. And then we had two baptized!! I cried so much tonight, I have what I call a holy headache. LOL People really DO think our IFB church is charismatic. LOL I was part of a DEAD church for a LONG time and services like this is like drinking cool clear water in a dry and baren desert.

I had one more thought about my church. We are very mission minded. Not just throughout the US and around the world, but in and around our very own community. We support over 115 missionary families around the world and I believe that God blesses a church that supports His missionaries. And He has certainly blessed ours.

Labels: , ,