Thimble Thoughts: Good Posts, Missionaries And Frozen Meat

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Good Posts, Missionaries And Frozen Meat

At Ever Joyful, Arlene has posted something funny to read about "How Hot Is IT?" It's cute, you have to read it. Just click on the title.

Mrs. C over at Riverbend Ramblings posted on "31 Days of Prayer For Your Husband." This was good too. This is for those who have husbands and for those who don't.

Tonight at church, we had some visiting Missionaries home from Alaska. Brother Ronnie and Rebecca Starr. Our former church supported them and the church we are at now supports them. It was so good to see them again. They gave their testimonies and sang a song and it was such a blessing.

YEARS ago, some friends of mine were going to a party at a school mate's house in honor of his cousin and invited me to go. The young man having the party was Joseph Yarborough. His cousin was Darby Starr. We struck up a friendship while his parents traveled all over the United States visiting their supporting churches and he stayed in his family's hometown with his Grandparents. Seeing his parents tonight brought back a lot of funny memories. I found out that Darby is now a paramedic and fireman in Arizona, married with two children. Now isn't that neat?

I had another dinner "oops" tonight, but it worked out way better than last night. I took some cube steak from the freezer this afternoon to unthaw. About thirty mintues later, I called my friend Rachel (Courtney's Mother) and while I was talking to her, I guess my hands needed something to do because they put the cube steak BACK into the freezer. Now, how dumb was that?? LOL

Come time to start dinner my meat was still frozen. If this were any other night but Wednesday I probably wouldn't have minded so much, but we have to be at church at 6:00 on Wed night for Justin and Hannah's orchestra practice. What did I do? Well, since Bruce was still sleeping from working third shift, and Hannah was in the shower, and Justin was in his room reading, Harrison and I put Tipsy in the car and ran to Pizza Hut for one large supreme and one large pepperoni with extra cheese. Oh yummy! It was so tasty good. Hannah greeted us at the front door when we got home and said, "I love it when you make mistakes like that" (referring, of course, to me putting the meat back in the freezer. :D

Labels: