Thimble Thoughts: Happy Birthday To Me!

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me!

Saturday,July 1st, I celebrated my 35th birthday. YAY! I had a terrific day. It was so nice.

My husband always gives me a back rub in the morning when he comes home from work to help me start my day. I just knew it would be extra long since it was my birthday....And it was!

I got up, dressed, and met my parents at their home where they gave me my gifts. We left there to have breakfast together at Cracker Barrel. While Mom signed us in, Dad and I played a game of checkers where I STOMPED him! He said he let me win because it was my birthday, but that's not true. I won fair and square. :) I ordered the chicken fried steak breakfast with eggs, biscuits and gravy, grits, and hashbrown caserole. Daddy knows how much I love that hasbrown caserole so he gave me his too. Wasn't that sweet? Mom didn't though. She wasn't about to give hers up. Hehehe. There was a lot of laughter during the time I spent with them that morning. As a matter of fact, I have not laughed so hard in a long time.

After we ate, Dad needed to buy a new printer for his computer so we went to Circuit City. I was glad about that because I was needing a new laptop bag. Dad found everything he needed and when we got up to the counter to purchase his items, he bought my bag too as another birthday present....Thank you, Daddy! We got to his house where I hooked up his new all-in-one printer. I was so proud of myself for being able to do that with no problems.

I came home, took a nap, and got up to get ready for my family that was coming to eat supper with us. Bruce bought supper from Pizza Hut. And of course there was cake and ice cream. We had a wonderful visit with my parents and John O'Malley and my Mother-in-law and Bruce's Aunt Sue. None of which had any pictures taken of them. I couldn't believe it. But we did get them all on video. So there is documentation they were here. After the gifts were open, the children left with my parents to the nursing home and my Mother-in-law and Aunt Sue stayed to visit for a bit. Here are some pictures of my gifts and my day.




My Mother saw where I left a comment that I would like a Pampered Chef kitchen caddy. So she got in touch with Tammy, a friend from church and PC consultant, and ordered me one along with the Pampered Chef apple corer and stand. I am so excited about these items. What a nice surprise!

This is my computer bag I mentioned above and also a book set that my Mother found for me. I thought it was sweet. She wasn't telling me that I'm getting old, but she did buy this for me to put up to have something to read to my Grandchildren if the Lord sees fit to bless us with some one day. Of course my eldest child is only fourteen, so it will be quite some time before that happens. But I thought it was very sweet of her to be thinking of that future. She knows I love children and she knows I like to read to them. Thank you, Mom. They also gave me a nice little sum of money for my annual birthday shopping trip.

We pulled a practical joke on my little boy. We all gathered around the table for them to sing Happy Birthday to me, but when we got to the part where we would say my name, we said "Harrison" instead. His reaction was so funny.

Me, blowing out my candles.

My birthday cake.

I thought this was sweet.....Harrison made me a little envelope and gave me $1.73 from his piggy bank. Isn't that sweet?

Hannah bought me this beautiful jewelry box. My children had a theme going this year. One that I really liked!! To put in my new jewelry box, Harrison bought me this beautiful silver bracelet. I just love it.

Justin bought me the ruby and diamond ring. It's really beautiful. I need to have it sized so I'll drop it off to do that this week. And my Mother-in-law bought me the beautiful black onyx ring along with money for my shopping day.

Bruce also gave me money for shopping and there was another gift given to me by the O'Malley family that I do not have a picture of because hubby is sleeping and I can't get in there to get it to snag a picture of it right now. But it was a bath gel and lotion set. It smells so clean and refreshing. Thanks, y'all!

These are my cards. They were all so sweet. Most were funny and some were sentimental but they all had sweet words written inside. Thank you all for making my day special. I love you!

Labels: ,