Thimble Thoughts: Greer Baptist Campmeeting

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Greer Baptist Campmeeting

I always upload my pictures backwards as to when I took them so that they're in order when you view them. But Blogger won't let me upload any more pictures, so I guess this is Part I but really Part II. Anyway, enjoy these few pictures and I'll post some more when Blogger allows.

Caleb, Harrison, and Nicole playing in the wood shavings off the floor. Oh what fun!!


Before the meeting started, Pastor and Brother Joe Arther greet each other.


Let's begin the meetin!


Praying around the alter to get the meetin started. This was just one side. I love to hear a lot of men praying. Someone remarked that they knew someone who didn't like it because it sounded like a lot of confusion. To the human ear, they would be correct, but God hears and understands every single word being prayed.


Sons of Faith were asked to sing tonight. They sang "And Now I Know" and "So Good." They did a great job. They'll be working on a CD this week. They're looking forward to that.



Who has their Bible tonight??


I could NOT understand what this preacher's name was. McBright, McBride, Macbride, etc...I wish I could have understood. They said it several times and I never could make it out. I need to clean my ears out. But regardless of what his name was, the man could PREACH! He preached out of Matthew where the woman's daughter was posessed by demons and she asked the Lord to have mercy on herself because her daughter was vexed with demons. One of the things that got me, and he wasn't really even preaching on this, but it was the attitude of the disciples when this lady approached Christ. Read the story. Matthew 15. And when you do read the story, look at the attitude of the mother when Christ calls her a dog! It's really amazing and makes you stop and think.


Of course there were refreshments after the service. Pizza, hotdogs, sodas, and snacks. Baptists can't get together without a refreshment following. :)


Here's Justin after he ate and Mrs. Plank. She's one of our Senior Saints. She was a little girl in Germany during WWII. I'll be highlighting her as one of my Faith Baptist Senior Moments posts soon.


Here's Jennifer pretending to eat Jonathan's ice cream cone. YUM! She'll probably kill me for putting this on the blog, but then she's a pretty good sport about such things. Jonathan gave her a preengagement ring a couple of weeks ago.

Labels: