Thimble Thoughts: Pigeons, Babies, And Old Friends

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Pigeons, Babies, And Old Friends

OK, before I get busy writing about our day and sharing pictures, I wanted to let you know that Part II of Purified Seven Times will be on its way soon. There were so many "goodies" in Pastor's sermon tonight that I just could not write it all down in my notes and asked him if I could get a copy of his notes. He kindly obliged. So I'll be getting that hopefully tomorrow if I see him.

Now! On with today....

Justin was expecting a friend to show up here that he hasn't seen in a couple of years so while he stayed here with his Dad to prepare for his company, Hannah, Harrison, and I went to the Library and Museum. The animal spotlighted for this week was the homing pigeon. We watched a 45 minute documentary/story on a pigeon and his owner, had a quick time of Q&A, and then Mr. Saegar let us pet his pigeon. He does not name his pigeons because he has over 300. UGH! He belongs to a local pigeon racing club. Here in the south, the only racing we're actually aware of his NASCAR. So, I was going to ask him questions like, Do you paint their feathers bright colors and give them numbers? or What company does your racing pigeon represent? Tide? Quakerstate? Dupont? But I had friends there and didn't want to embarrass them. Aren't I nice?

This is a little girl that lived next door to us up until a few months ago. She and her Mom and sister showed up just as the presentation was beginning. That's my Hannah on the right.


From left to right is Sis Pam, Sis Tammy, Naomi, Cheyenne, and Caleb. Isn't Caleb dashing in his new glasses?


After we left the museum, we went to the library for a bit and then I took the kids to Love's Fish Box for lunch. I like the set up here in their restaurant. They don't have waitresses. You place your order and get a number along with your cups. While you fill your drinks and get your table, your number is called over the intercom. They pack your dine in order in a take out box and rolls of paper towels, instead of napkins, are on the table. I like that. It's different. And as always, it was very good.


We got home and prepared for Celine and her new little baby sister. I've asked permission to share the new baby's picture, so you all get to see her now. That's Celine on the left and Hannah holding the baby. The baby is doing very good. Growing like a flower and she always has that freshly washed and lotioned baby smell. I love that smell.


Hannah held her most of the time that she was here.


Here she is wide awake. Isn't she just the cutest little thing?


She was actually smiling here. She smiles a LOT. And I'm telling you it is NOT gas. The child smiles constantly.


Just shortly after Celine and the baby arrived, Justin's friend showed up. His name is Brandon. He was also a neighbor that moved away and called to say that he was in town to see his Grandparents and wanted to know if he could spend some time with Justin today. He and Justin picked up right where they left off. Both a little older. Both a little more mature. It was good to see him.

And then of course we had Wednesday prayer meeting and it was so good. I'm really enjoying the Bible series.

Labels: ,