Thimble Thoughts: TAG! I'm IT!

Friday, May 05, 2006

TAG! I'm IT!

Mother's Day is May 14!! Courtney started a Mother's Day tag on her blog and when I saw that she didn't tag me, I was bummed out because I wanted to play. boo hoo, sniff sniff! But then I looked at Jessica's blog and saw that she tagged Thimble Thoughts. YAY! I get to play! I'm supposed to list 14 facts about my mother and then tag someone else to do the same. So here are some facts about my mother:

1. She was born in West Virginia.

2. She has a twin brother, Jay, and they are the second set of twins born of three sets and three single births! (The first set of twins died when they were about a year old from heart problems)

3. She grew up in a coal mining community where her father worked in the coal mines.

4. Her house caught fire when she was a little girl burning up her tricycle and bridal doll. She was crushed.

5. She learned about God from her mother who was a wonderful Christian lady raising 7 children.

6. She eloped with my father in October, 1965.

7. She was saved when she laughed in God's face and He caused her to wreck her car nearly killing her to get her attention. He got it. And I'm glad. She has served Him ever since. TTL!

8. She had three children. First my two brothers and then God blessed her with a precious little girl. (ME!)

9. She drove a school bus and was a "lunch lady" in the cafeteria where we went to Christian school.

10. She traveled many miles on the roads and in the air working for a company in Georgia as an Internal Auditor, auditing hotels along the East Coast.

11. She has had one knee replaced. OUCH!

12. She works for First Charter Bank now.

13. She buried her first born son after he tragically took his life in 2004.

14. She is a living testimony that God will be your strength..." in times like these."


I choose to tag:

Kim
Pam Rohrer
Mom
Lisa Peeler
Susan McCurry

If you don't have a blog, just do your post on my comments.

Labels: