Thimble Thoughts: God Is Good.....

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

God Is Good.....

All the time! I recently read a post on Jessica's Journal about what a big God we serve and just had to share my little blessing from tonight. And believe me, it will sound very little to you, but was big to me.

As most of you know I've been watching what I eat and the Lord has been with me each day. Also, most of you know that I work in Patch the Pirate at our church on Wednesday nights. Well, tonight was our last night of Patch for the year and we had special snacks for the children and playtime besides our regular song and Bible time. Brother RJ bought the giant size fudge rounds, oreo cookies, chips and soda. All the chocolate was so tempting and I admit I did eat one oreo. Well, that's not entirely true. I actually let it dissolve in my mouth over a period of several minutes. It was so tasty and yummy. Anyway, it left me wanting more and I knew I needed to get myself out of that situation so I made a list of the children that were moving up to the next class the coming year and ran it down to Sis Tammy. As soon as I walked in, Sis Kellie (Heaven sent) jumped up and ran out the door. She came back in with a very cold can of diet coke. I was able to go back to my class with my diet coke in hand and whenever I wanted to take a bite of something I would just take a sip of the diet coke. I haven't had a soda in over a week now so it was very good and just what I needed to get me through my moment. It helped me just having something in my hand. Thank you, Kellie for letting the Lord use you to help me tonight!! And just so you'll know, those giant fudge rounds have 310 calories in just one....Hope you enjoyed your two, Sis PAM!!!!!!!! :)

Labels: