Thimble Thoughts: Happy Birthday To Me!

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

ETA: The song with the video CAN be muted if it becomes too much. Which, after hearing it run through several times it does become annoying. However, you do need to hear it at least once.

My birthday was great! Thank you to all who took part in it. Those that wished me a happy day by phone, emails, blog comments and those who saw me today.

Bruce came home from work and gave me a really cute bubblegum pink external hard drive by Simple Tech. I had my files on it in ten minutes with 210GB left. I LOVE THAT!!

I received several phone calls this morning from family and friends. At 10:30 I was still in my jammies. Pam called first to see if I wanted to go to lunch. Duh! Then Janet called and asked if I wanted to eat lunch at the Tea Room. She knows I love their broccoli cheese soup. We called my mom at work to see if she could join us since the tea room was right there close to her bank. Everything was set. Now I had to fly to get ready. Janet picked me up in the church van along with Pam, Mander, Amy, Celine, Carissa, and Cameron. I was surprised and happy to see them all.

Unfortunately when we got to the tea room, they were closed today through the fifth. How dare they close on my birthday! We ended up at Pizza Hut, which was really good too. You know I love Pizza Hut. Anyway, there was way too much laughing going on. I'm surprised a couple of us weren't thrown out. The girls gave me presents, which I wasn't expecting....especially my gift from Pam. When I had told her Bruce bought me a bubblegum pink external HD, she misunderstood and thought he bought me bubblegum. We had a good laugh at that, but then we really laughed when I opened my gift bag from her and it was full of bubblegum. Very funny! The fellowship with them was what meant the most to me. I had a great time, y'all. Thanks for helping me to have a great birthday.

This evening, we met daddy at his house while we waited for mom to get off work. My mother in law was there too and Bruce would join us later after visiting the funeral home. While we were celebrating life, his best friend mourning the loss of his dad. Thankfully, his dad was saved and having his best day yet after fighting cancer these last couple of months.

So daddy has this thing he likes to do. He doesn't like to just give you a gift. He likes to make you work for it. So after finding clue after clue, which took me from one room to the next and ending at the mailbox, I finally got my gift. It was tucked in the mailbox, wrapped so pretty. I opened it up and it was a GPS....the MIO. Remember this post? I was so excited!! I've been wanting one forever. Then it was time to go. But where? Daddy gave me the directions and I used the MIO to get us there. Our final destination was Cracker Barrel. YUM

We had a wonderful meal and I opened my cards. Marie gave me birthday $$$. I'll be going shopping with that later. The kids and Bruce gave me some funny cards. And Bruce also gave me a charging home for my iPod. I was really thrilled about that gift because now I can listen to my iPod anywhere without my earphones. We made it back to the house for mom's delicious chocolate pound cake and ice cream. I couldn't eat but just a few bites of mine. She did let me bring the cake home though. I'll dig into it for real tomorrow. lol
Here's a slideshow of my birthday pics. Enjoy






Labels: , , ,