Thimble Thoughts: Ankles, Shopping, and Another Birthday

Monday, June 30, 2008

Ankles, Shopping, and Another Birthday

As some of you already know, my ankle has to be replaced...eventually. At my last visit the doctor said it would have to be replaced in five to seven years. That was four years ago. Lately it has been really acting up. It pops continually and a lot of times there is a terrible pain that darts up the back of my leg from my ankle. Believe it or not, it's the most painful when I'm sitting still. Especially when I've been walking or standing on it all day like today. I am also finding that I hobble and limp more these days. My point to all of this (..is there really a point?) is I have a feeling I'll be having surgery within the next year. I am not looking forward to this at all. But I knew it would happen...eventually. Do you really care about all of that? Probably not. Sorry for
boring you, it was on my mind.

Last night, Brother Johnny led the meeting for the parents whose children will be going to Puerto Rico. Eleven days to go! We were given our handout for what to bring and what NOT to bring. So this morning, Hannah and I dropped Justin off at work, ran a quick errand to the bank, and spent the better part of the day shopping for this much anticipated trip. I do believe all that is left is the packing. We had a lot of fun together and were thankful for the many deals we found today.

Tomorrow is my birthday. Yes, folks, I'll be 37 tomorrow. Thirty-seven years old. hmph...thirty-seven. Oh, I know, that's not a big deal. I have to admit that I love having birthdays. I always have. People often ask what my favorite holiday is. I always answer Thanksgiving and Christmas. But the truth is, it's my birthday. I know it's not an actual holiday, but it is for me. lol My dad has been telling me for WEEEEEKS that for my birthday he knows something I don't know. I also know he needs a couple of hours with me, so I'm very interested in what this birthday surprise could be. And then before Bruce left for bluegrass practice tonight, he snuck a birthday surprise in under his shirt and gave it to Hannah for wrapping. That's the thing about my birthdays I like the best. The surprises!! And I know that my mom, although suffering with an infection in her legs, is at this very moment making her homemade chocolaty chocolate pound cake for me. She makes the chocolate pound cake from her mother's recipe and then SMOTHERS it with thick, gooey chocolate topping. Sounds like a great day for me tomorrow, huh? Just so you'll know, I did ask her several times to please not go to the trouble of making the cake, to stay off of her feet! But she's very stubborn, that mother of mine. So this cake will taste even sweeter to me tomorrow. Thanks, mom.

I have some small details to attend to tonight, so I'm going to close this post and, OH YEAH! Blogger finally allowed me to publish the FIFTEEN comments waiting to be moderated. Thanks, Blogger. *sigh*

Labels: , ,