Thimble Thoughts: Saturday Sunday School Outing

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Saturday Sunday School Outing

We had a Sunday school outing Saturday night. None of us are exactly young, but we are the young married class of Faith Baptist Church just the same! Half of our class couldn't make it, but the ones that did sure had a good time.

This is our Sunday school teacher, Brother Ken, and his sweet wife, Tammy.


This is Brother Chris and Amanda. Amanda is the one I requested prayer for this week because of having surgery. She's doing GREAT, by the way.


This is me enjoying my appetizer. I LOVE fried cheese.


This is my friend, Missy. She's always ready with a pose for a camera.

This is her husband, Brother Chad. Trust me...he's not always this serious.


Here's a typical look of Brother Brian.

Here's Brother Brian and Amy


Brother Chris was picking on Amanda about this being her last meal before her surgery. I'm really glad she was able to make it to this outing. I think the fellowship and laughter that was shared was good for her.


Kelly got cold and threw a napkin over her arms. The manager of the restaurant thought she had a baby. HA!


There were a LOT of people in the restaurant being sung Happy Birthday to and brought ice cream. I casually mentioned that it wasn't fair because I like ice cream too. Brother Brian took it upon himself to tell the waiters and waitresses that it was my birthday. Needless to say they THOUGHT I would be embarassed when they all came out singing and clapping. But they should have known better than that. I jumped right in on the fun, singing and clapping right along with them. And then....I ate my ice cream! Please save your birthday wishes for July. Yes, he told a falsehood!


We had a lot of laughs and a lot of funny stories to tell. You have NO idea. It was the best fun we've had with our class in a loooooooong time! And we always have fun.

Labels: