Thimble Thoughts: Switching Gears

Monday, August 20, 2007

Switching Gears

For a couple of weeks I've been struggling with a decision. My heart has been really heavy about it and last night I told our church secretary that I was stepping away from the bus ministry. This was not easy for me. As a matter of fact, it was one of the most difficult things I've ever done. It wasn't difficult to tell her, but it was difficult in the sense that I've come to love these little children.

However, with my dad's health the way it is right now, I've been praying and asking the Lord to help me be a blessing and encouragement to him. The Lord laid it on my heart to work with him in the rest home ministry. Not only will it be a blessing to him, but I will receive blessings also as I sit under his preaching and get to know the sweet people he has come to know at the rest home.

I look forward to sneaking down to the bus ministry on occassion and giving hugs or passing out a meal. But for now, I'm moving on to the rest home ministry which I know will bring many blessings of its own.

Labels: