Thimble Thoughts: See A Smile For A Quarter

Friday, August 17, 2007

See A Smile For A Quarter

This morning I dropped Justin off at work at the Mission Board while I cleaned mom's house. Daddy was sleeping in the recliner when I got to their home, which is where he's been for several days now not eating or sleeping. He's so weak he skipped dialysis this morning. But they told him they'd hold him a chair for tomorrow. So, Lord willing, he'll be able to get in there for that. Please keep him in your prayers. I'll be taking him Tuesday for outpatient surgery. The port in his arm for his dialysis is slowing and not doing the best job that it should. They'll have to check it out and possibly put in a new port somewhere else. Most likely his neck. It would be wonderful if he didn't have to go through that. There are some other things going on with his body that I won't mention right now, but if you could keep him a matter of prayer, our family would most certainly appreciate that.

Do you have an Aldi near you? If you do, then you know that it's twenty-five cents to use a grocery buggy. Of course, when you return your buggy you get your quarter back. Try giving your buggy to an elderly person next time you go. You'd be surprised what a big smile will cross their face when they realize that not only did you save them from having to find a quarter, but they'll get your quarter back when they return the buggy. It's really funny to watch them react. That's one of my favorite things to do when I shop there.

I saw my friend Susan today. I haven't seen her and the kids in ages, it seems like. I went out of my way to a grocery store and they live just a few minutes from there so I popped in on them. I don't normally do that to people without calling first, but Susan is one of those people that you know will welcome you no matter what. We had a nice little visit and off I went. By the way, thanks for praying, Susan...I made out like a bandit at the KJB store. :)

Justin cut the grass while I was shopping and Hannah cleaned around the house. She and I are going out for a little bit this evening. We're going to have a little mother/daughter time together but there's a twist to our adventure. I'll tell you more about it later.

That's all I have for now. Hope you have a great day!

Labels: ,