Thimble Thoughts: My Monday

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Monday

Bruce finished Brother RJ and Mrs. Liz's toy chest little over a week ago, but couldn't deliver it because they were at camp with our junior kids at church. So yesterday he was able to get that to them. This is the back sides that fit under their bay window.




This is a view of the front. The lids hinge in the middle. You can click on it to see a larger view.


Hannah kept some of the Douglass children yesterday. This is Alana. I played around with this one. I think it turned out cute.


This is Isaac. He's a mess! He loved our hamster and guinea pig. However, I do not think they felt the same about him. LOL


Haili is the oldest and she had fun doing anything Hannah suggested. :) We enjoyed having them here in our home. Maybe next time Malachi and Joseph can stay too.


When the Douglass children left, Hannah and I got ready for a birthday party that her friend, Kendra, was having.
From left to right: Nicole, Hannah, Cheyenne, and THE BIRTHDAY GIRL, Kendra!


Kendra and her mother thought it would be nice to have tea and lunch at a local tea room in uptown Gastonia. On the outside were the sounds of a busy city, but inside held all the charm of sweet, southern hospitality.



This was a wreath by the entrance. I thought it was unique and very pretty with the cup and saucers.


The front parlor was a gift shop. The girls enjoyed browsing and critiquing the things for sale.



The room we were put in was very nice. I loved this and want ONE!!!! LOL Isn't it pretty?


Something that impressed me was when we were seated, the girls weren't really sure where to sit, but Kendra insisted on sitting next to her mother. I thought that was so sweet. The other girls sat next to Kendra.
Kendra Mrs. Janet


Nicole Hannah Cheyenne


Mrs. Ava, our sweet Pastor's wife!


Kendra....she turned her head right when I snapped the picture. :( I'll forgive her since it was her birthday. :)


Cheyenne


Hannah


Nicole


We had a wonderful time of fellowship, talking and drinking their peach and raspberry teas. And then our lunch was served. There's nothing better than a cool lunch in a homey atmosphere.



Mrs. Janet enjoying the very wonderful Cream of Broccoli soup. It was so awesome!


Thank you for wanting us there, Kendra. We had a really good time. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!!! We love you.

After Mrs. Janet dropped me off, Hannah went home with Nicole to swim while I took a nap before leaving for Campmeeting.
We met the church bus at 6:00 and headed on down to the Greer Baptist Campmeeting headed up by Brother Joe Arthur.
This is Brother Mike Owens. He's one of the men that sings in our Vintage Faith group.


This is Brother Joe Arthur. We just love him to pieces!


It was a very busy day, but it was so wonderful. I enjoy the fellowship of God's people and spending time in worship with them.













Labels: , ,