Thimble Thoughts: Things I Did Yesterday

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Things I Did Yesterday

North Carolina requires homeschoolers to test at the end of their school years, so we started testing yesterday. That went good as far as I could tell. I haven't looked over their test answers. Hannah had a good feeling, but Justin said he guessed on most of the answers on the second test. I told him he would be suprised at how much he actually knew. At least that's what I'm hoping. LOL

After testing, Bruce needed to run some errands so I tagged along with him. I always enjoy going on Bruce's errands. He has all these little stores he likes and we usually stop at one or more of them when we're out.

Today we saw this interesting car. Later I found out that my friend, Susan, had seen this same car in HER town. LOL

We stopped at the music store so Bruce could pick up some things he needed for the mandolin he's making.

And then to a new thrift store in town. I wasn't very impressed, but then it is new. I'll have to give it a while and go back.

We went to a revival meeting in a nearby town that our Associate Pastor, Brother Johnny, was preaching at. Brother Johnny is such a good preacher. We always enjoy hearing his sermons.
This church was a small church. They were in a gutted mill house and had some really sweet people there. As soon as we walked in, this little old lady came up and hugged me, which didn't really surprise me. We southerners hug everybody. When she planted a big ole' kiss on my cheek, though, I had to giggle. My friend, Susan, who came with me last night, saw the little lady do that and thought I must have known the little lady, until the little lady hugged and kissed her too. It was hilarious. Anyway, the people were really sweet. And their Pastor was a riot.

This was their choir. It reminded me of your old church, Courtney. Most of the back row was our people from Faith. They just asked anyone that wanted to, to come up and sing in the choir. LOL So! Justin, Hannah, Ally, Spencer, Brother Harmon, and another lady from our church got up there and sang with em'. A teenager was their choir director. I don't know if he does it all the time or if he was just filling in for the night. But they came up with babies in their arms and sang their hearts out.

This was the guitar player. Obviously he had some students on hand. LOL

Some of their people sang. The man playing the guitar is also their piano player. He's related to our piano player's husband.

When I picked up Susan and Ally at our church so we could ride together, Brother Johnny was there to pick something up before the service. It was then that we found out we would probably be singing. And sing we did. Me, Susan, Hannah, Ally, Justin, and Spencer sang "I Remember The Day" while Justin played the guitar for us. I must say, we impressed ourselves. I think we might go on the road. LOL
Brother Gene was there too and played the guitar for him and Brother Johnny. Brother Gene is the "leader" of our bluegrass group at church. He's the one with the guitar, obviously. And that's Brother Johnny on the other side.

Brother Johnny's son, Spencer, played "Beulah Land" on his saxophone. It was beautiful.

After service was over, we shook Brother Johnny's hand, was hugged and kissed by the little lady, and went to Dairy Queen where Susan treated us all to an ice cream cone. Those were yummy. We sat outside and the atmosphere was great.
Hannah and Ally were goofy!!

Susan always has a smile to share. Here she got cracked up about something...but I can't remember what.

Justin decided to give me one of his looks for the camera. I can almost NEVER get him to do a serious smile for me. ARGH!

After eating our ice cream cones, the kids and I decided we would pull the car way up to the other end of the parking lot while Mrs. Susan went to the bathroom. I know.....that's so silly. But the kids were laughing hysterically.....especially Susan's daughter, Ally. HA!

After we finished goofing off, we picked Susan up and went to visit some friends of ours from church. We took them by surprise, I think, but had a good visit. They just bought the house they're in so it was fun seeing all of their new stuff. Leanna's room was bright and colorful just like her. Jeremy and Nathan's room was neat and tidy....maybe Justin noticed this, you think? And I liked the colors Steve and Marla were doing in their room. A medium to light blue with a darker spring green. It was nice. They are SUCH a sweet family and a blessing to ALL who know them.

Labels: , ,