Thimble Thoughts: We're Back

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

We're Back

We got back from Campmeeting this afternoon just after 1:00. We're pretty well tired after just two days. Physically anyway. But spiritually refreshed.

We heard some wonderful preaching and singing.

Brother Randy drove a church van and Mrs. Amanda drove her van too. She wanted to ride with us and I think with a little creative maneuvering, we could have fit all of us in the church van, but she decided to follow us in her van. Which was a good decision because she was able to take the stroller and it came in quite handy. Hannah rode with her and was able to help with Celine and Carissa.

We got there Monday by 1:00 and checked in but couldn't get into our rooms because they weren't ready yet. So we went on ahead to the church grounds. The first service started around 2:30. There were four sermons and then supper at 6:30. They fed us really good while we were there. The church was very hospitable and it was evident that they put a lot of hard work and effort into cleaning the grounds and keeping things ready for us. Welch Creek Baptist Church is a small church with a big heart. I could tell their Pastor, Brother Baker, had a very tender heart and a love for God. One thing that proved that to me is that recently, their church took on all the widows as part of their missions. Every month, they give to all the widows. I thought that was precious. I know God will bless them because of that.

As we sat in the tabernacle, I noticed a lot of people that had been to our church to visit and some that were former members that have moved on to other ministries or churches. It was good to see them.

After supper, Brother Joe Arthur preached. He is never a disappointment!!! His sermon that night was being hemed up. Taken from the story of the woman who needed healing and touched the hem of his garment and how He called her Daughter. It was an awesome message.

We made it back to the room around 10:30, I think. Back up EARLY to meet Brother Randy and Mrs. Kellie for breakfast. They were serving breakfast at the church, but Brother Randy took us all out to Shoney's. It was very nice of him and we apprecitated it.

Services started Tuesday at 10:30 and was over by lunch. After lunch we went back to the room for a little R&R. It was wonderful...despite the SAME cleaning ladies that knocked on the door THREE times to see if our room needed anything. The kids and I slept like rocks and ended up oversleeping before getting ready for the evening services. BUT! We made it with plenty of time to spare. As a matter of fact, our group was one of the first ones there for supper before service.

We were all thrilled, but especially Hannah, to see the girls from Victorious Valley there. A couple of them shared their testimonies and they sang a few songs. As usual, they brought tears to my eyes and a blessing to my heart.

Brother Arthur preached again during the evening service on He Remembered Me. Ohhhhh, my, what a sermon!! Soooo good!!!

We heard a great story about a missionary.....I'll share that with you the next post.

Service was over and we were back in our rooms around 11:00. I was going to pack our stuff up then, but decided I wanted to sleep more. So off to bed we went.

Brother Randy and Mrs. Kellie had some good friends of theirs that were at the meeting, meet them for breakfast this morning. I'm sure they had a good time with them. The rest of us ate the continental breakfast and packed up our stuff. Hannah was going to ride with Mrs. Amanda again on the way home, but had a massive headache. Bad enough to drive her to tears. She was really pitiful. I felt so bad for her. That circumstance combined with the fact that I told Bruce we were leaving at 10:00 and that Mrs. Amanda and I both had to get back to prepare for our Silent spaghetti supper with our sign language class, we loaded up her van and booked it back home. I think she had a little lead in her foot seeing how our three and a half hour drive, along with three brief stops for Tylenol and potty breaks, took just little over three hours. We didn't want to stop for lunch and the kids slept pretty much the whole way home anyway. On the ride home, Brother Chris called and Mrs. Amanda was glad we left when we did because she had to get home to a family problem which I'm sure she was able to fix this afternoon. Hannah was glad to be home to her pets and Bruce was thrilled to see us home. We were thrilled to see him too. We had a wonderful time of fellowship, some laughs, and heard great preaching from great men of God. I'm so glad we were able to go.

I have pictures and several things to tell, but right now, I'm going to bed and I'll tell you more later.

NITE!!

Labels: