Thimble Thoughts: A Rolling Good Time

Sunday, April 22, 2007

A Rolling Good Time

We had a really good day today. The Lord was certainly in our services.

I enjoyed our Sunday school class for two reasons. Miss Meghan made a sausage roll and brought it for our class. It was so good. I'm not that much for sausage, but this was terrific. Everyone enjoyed it very much. And considering I like to cook with different seasonings, I particularly enjoyed the lesson. There is a way to season our conversations between us and our spouses. I'll give you the outline for these seasonings.

We have studied the patterns that the Godhead has put in front of us when it comes to what we know of God; now let us look at some practical guidelines.

How are your words seasoned...Seasoned = prepared, that is, spice with stimulating condiments. What stimulating condiments are seasoning your speech?

I. GRACE - Shows God's favor through gratitude, joy, and benefits. Col 4:6

II. Edification - building, confirmation toward a plan. Eph 4:29

III. Love - putting the loved object first. Eph 5:25

IV. Submission - to be in subjection to the other. Eph 5:21

V. Honesty - speaking no guile' deceit trickery. I Peter 3:10

VI. Knowledge - knowing God's truth. Proverbs 15:7

VII. Wisdom - uses knowledge for good. Proverbs 15:2

VIII. Wholesome Tongue - a cure or remedy of words. Proverbs 15:4

After church this morning, we enjoyed a wonderful afternoon of food, fun, and fellowship with the Emory family. We started out with a spaghetti dinner. The recipe she used is one that her mother came up with. It's quite spicy and very good. Hannah and I agreed that the texture was creamy. It was very good with the garlic bread and thick, chocolaty brownies for dessert. For the fun part, I did things today I haven't done in years. And I mean....YEARS! For instance, we slid down a very high, HOT, metal slide. That was fun. Mrs. Michelle, Hannah, Dylan, and I raced up a rather tall hill at a nearby park. What did we do when we got up there? Well, first we nearly passed out from exhaustion. How did we get down? Did we walk down? No! Did we run down?? NO! There's only one more way we could have gotten down, and yep, you guessed it....we rolled. Flop, flop, whop, whop, flop, whop, flop! Wait a minute! Did I say "we?" That's not exactly true. It was Michelle's idea to roll down the hill. So off I went. I suppose I made it half way down when I had to stop myself before crushing Michelle's little boy who was slowly making his way over to my direction. Or was I making my way to his? Anyway! I look up to see where Michelle is and guess what! She's at the top of the hill rolling..........in laughter!!! She never did roll down that hill. She said she really didn't think I'd do it. HA! Little did she know I would. Right now the only word I can use describe what a time I had rolling down the hill is, CHIROPRACTOR! We also rode those animals on springs. We started out on a big dinosaur that looked like Dino. Then we got brave and got on the little ones. We'd spring forward and then backward and wow, those things fly! What a good time we had! We walked back to the house for a time of fellowship. We sat in their living room and talked for a while before having to get ready for youth choir practice. It was nice. I felt at home in their home and that says a lot for their hospitality.

Labels: ,