Thimble Thoughts: Children

Friday, March 09, 2007

Children


We are children of a Father that is continually molding us into His image and His will. I'm so thankful that He makes us over and over again.
Unfortunately, we do not have that option when it comes to the little ones He has loaned to us.

When our children are small, we have but little time to mold them into how God expects them to be shaped.


I took a piece of plastic clay

And I idly fashioned it one day.

And as my fingers pressed it still,

It moved and yielded to my will.

I came again when days were past;

The bit of clay was hard at last.

The form I gave it still it bore,

But I could change that form no more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I took a piece of living clay,

And I touched it gently day by day;

And molded with my power and art,

A young child, soft and yielding heart.

And I came again when years were gone;

It was a man, a man I looked upon.

That early impress still he wore,

And I could change that form no more.


~Author Unknown


Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it."

Labels: , ,