Thimble Thoughts: It's Gone

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's Gone

I've had a perm in my hair since I was in the fifth grade and last night the last of it was cut out. I no longer have a perm. I don't know yet if I like it or not. I've been playing around with it. I walked out of the salon with it straightened and tonight I'm going to put some loose curls in it with the curling iron. We'll see how that goes.

I had the privilege of keeping Laurel and Benjamin last night. If you'll recall, Laurel was my angel at the top of the children's singing Christmas tree and Benjamin was one of my presents at the front of the platform. The only boy actually. Anyway, their dad gave money for pizza so we loaded everyone in the van and went to get the pizza. Then we drove through Margrace, which is actually one house just up the road from us. They have amazing lights all around their house. People get out and walk through their yard. I mean lights EVERYWHERE! And he makes them all himself. I'm assuming from kits. But every year he adds several until people come from all over just to see their lights. The kids enjoyed driving through and eating pizza when we got home. Laurel and Benjamin are really good kids. We always enjoy having them and they always say the FUNNIEST things. Instead of us entertaining them, they entertained us. LOL When their parents got back from their Sunday School Christmas dinner, Their mother, Kellie, told me that they took the church bus to Margrace and they all walked through the lights. So that was neat that they got to go there too.

Last night was Bruce's last night before the holiday. He'll be off until after the first of the year. We're all pretty excited about that around here. We're looking forward to some real family time. Something we haven't had much of in a while. So.......YAY!

Labels: