Thimble Thoughts: Thanksgiving Dinner

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Thanksgiving Dinner

Today is our Thanksgiving dinner for our bus kids and their families. We're excited about this. I need to fix my dessert or it's not going to be good. It's one of those chocolate eclaire desserts with the graham crackers and pudding. I'll post the recipe for it at Blogger's Recipes later this evening.

Last night we spent the evening with the McCurry family. Hannah and their daughter were at a birthday party and so we got together at the McCurry home for pizza and fellowship. The boys laughed their heads off in their son's room while we sat in the music room around the Christmas tree in the dark and talked. That was so nice. They have three Christmas trees up this year. Susan said she was going to add another one next year to the dining area. We went upstairs to the game room and played some pool. It was a lot of fun. Thanks, Mike and Susan!

Mom is doing really good. I'm thankful for the recovery she's having. I am a little concerned about the swelling, but the doctors and nurses don't seem too worried about it so I'll not let it bother me until it bothers them. She has had problems with blood clots in the past and so that's really what we're watching for right now. She still can't get out and about, but I have a feeling she wouldn't mind a little ride in the car. It's terrible when you're stuck in the house, don't you think?

There's an attic sale at the fair grounds today and I thought I might get up there before bus church, but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it. I need to do my dessert and I really need to wash my hair. LOL Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Labels: ,