Thimble Thoughts: My Yesterday

Friday, November 17, 2006

My Yesterday

Yesterday I had plans to meet my friend, Pam, for lunch. When we got to the restaurant, we decided to call another friend, Janet, to invite her and she said she would be there shortly. So we ordered her lunch and waited for her to arrive. While we were sitting there laughing, talking, eating and engrossed in fellowship, ANOTHER friend, Missy, came walking in the door by herself. She came over to where we were and ate with us too. It was a lot of fun. Like a party, it was! We were there from 11:00 until almost 2:00. LOL The waitress was looking at us like we were crazy. There were a lot of giggles and some serious discussion, but not too much of that. There's enough serious in the world. Giggles are good! :)

I went grocery shopping and came home. Bruce was leaving to pay bills like he does every Thursday afternoon, and said he would bring home dinner. That is always wonderful for a wife to hear, right? Even more so when it's his idea. Can I have a witness? He brought home stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut. I love it. If I could, I would give all the pizza to the family and cut off the crust for me, but I don't know that they would appreciate that. LOL

Anyway, Bruce was gone running his errands and around 4:30 I was sitting on the couch playing Internet checkers when I remembered that the homeschoolers of our church were having a Thanksgiving dinner at 6:00. Pam had reminded me several times throughout this week and even brought it up at lunch before she had gone to decorate for it. Deep down I just didn't want to go because of the family time we've missed the last two weeks due to Mom's surgery and I suppose that's why I kept forgetting about it. Sort of a Freudian thing, you know? But at any rate, we didnt' go. And I felt bad about it. I felt even worse when Pam called at 6:15 to see if we were coming and she told me there was only one other family that showed up. That broke my heart and I wasn't good the rest of the night. Don't you hate it when you plan something and nobody shows up? Of course, each family that didn't make it had legitimate excuses, but I'm sure it still made Pam feel that her efforts were for naught.

We did have a good evening together as a family. No phone interruptions. No disruptions of any kind. Well, that's not entirely true. We did have one disruption, but I won't go into that. However, it was really nice being able to just sit in the livingroom and enjoy each other's company for a change.

So that was my day yesterday. I'll be cleaning my mom's house after school today. That will pretty much swallow my day. I'm glad I bought fish sticks at the grocery store because that's what I'm slaving over tonight for supper. :)

Labels: