Thimble Thoughts: Ladies Conference

Monday, November 06, 2006

Ladies Conference

OK, well, I haven't really seen my husband since Thursday. Between the conference, him working, church, and mom's surgery, we've only seen each other, literally in passing since Thursday. So right now I am at my church while he practices with one of the bluegrass groups. They sound pretty good right now too. :)

The Ladies Conference was called Joy Bells In My Heart. It was a real blessing. I had been looking forward to it for a while and I certainly was not disappointed.

There were fourteen of us that went and I drove one of the vans with half of us in it. We had a lot of laughter and good times. For some reason everyone was afraid for me to drive. I suppose it could have been because I was running on two hours of sleep. I don't know WHY they were so afraid!! LOL But I obviously did good because we're all alive. :)

One of the workshops I attended was about the dinner table. The speaker was Kay Chandler and it was so good. That woman is a mess with a capital M! She says some of the funniest things. I believe she and I would be much a kindred spirit if we were to ever get to know each other. She spoke on the importance of the dinner table and the lost communication that families have given up today. She also had some good ideas of simplifying your time in the kitchen and the grocery store. One thing she had was a menu for the week and her suggestion was to ask your children what they would like for supper one day that week and fill it in on your menu then right the ingredients for that meal on the back of the menu so you'll have a list to take to the grocery store. That way you have a special night for that child, you're not worried about what to fix for supper because you already know, and you cut your time in the store by having your ingredients written out. She had some recipes that I'll post on the recipe blog when time allows me to do so.

I attended another workshop on how to keep the love in your marriage. Things I have heard before, but it's always good to be reminded and there's also something else to take back with you.

The third workshop was with Sherry Camperson. She spoke on how children today do not need our presents as much as they need our presence and 26 presents, A - Z, that we can give our children.

Right now I feel like I'm rushing through the conference because I'm pressed for time and there are some things I'd like to share about it. So I'll close for now and I'll try to post more tomorrow or tonight. Whichever the Lord wills. And yes, I'll have pictures.

Labels: