Thimble Thoughts: Thanksgiving Meeting

Friday, November 10, 2006

Thanksgiving Meeting

We had our Thanksgiving meeting for the ladies of our church tonight. I wish I had taken my camera, but it is in my Mom's car. We had a great time of fellowship and Mrs. Ava had an encouraging word that I needed tonight.

For some of you Pastor's wives or ladies looking for something for your ladies meeting this month, here are a couple of songs that Mrs. Ava had us sing tonight. I thought they were cute.

Turkey Song
(Did You Ever See A Lassie)

See the turkeys proudly marching
Their proud feathers arching
We're kings of the barnyard
Proud turkeys are we.
We strut oh so proudly,
We gobble so loudly
Oh gobble, gobble, gobble
Plump turkeys are we.

Oh would you think scarcely
All dressed up in parsley
We kings in the barnyard
Soon roasted will be
'Tis true as you're living,
We'll be for Thanksgiving
Oh gobble, gobble, gobble,
Plump turkeys are we.

Thanksgiving Turkey
(My Bonnie)
My turkey went walking one morning
The November weather to see
A man with a hatchet approached her
Oh bring back my turkey to me

CHORUS
Bring back, bring back
Oh, bring back my turkey to me, to me
Bring back, bring back
Oh bring back my turkey to me.

I went down the sidewalk a-shopping
The sights in shop windows to see
And everywhere hung great fat gobblers
Oh bring back my turkey to me

(Chorus)

I went out to dinner and ordered
The best thing they had I could see
They brought it all roasting and sizzling
They brought back my turkey to me

(Chorus)

Labels: ,