Thimble Thoughts: Teach Me, Lord......."Monday"

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Teach Me, Lord......."Monday"

Psalm 25:4,5 "Shew me thy ways, O Lord, teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy tuth, and teach me; for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day."

Last week I mentioned that we had our Ladies meeting at church and the theme was Teach Me, Lord. Mrs. Ava (our WONDERFUL pastor's wife) made sure that we all had a little devotional pamphlet that she put together for us to take home and I thought I would share some out of that this week. I meant to start this Monday, but had misplaced my pamphlet. BUT I FOUND IT! :) So I'll just start with Monday today and we'll catch up on it through to next week.

Monday was "wash day." Psalm 51:7,10 "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."
When we accept Christ as our Saviour, he washes us as white as snow.
Hebrews 1:3 says "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high."
This is a permanent transaction that the devil cannot do anything about. However, just as we have to take a bath every day, we need spiritual cleansing every day. John 13:8,10 and Ephesians 5:25,26 shows how Jesus got this point across to his disciples.

John 13:8,10 - Jesus tells his disciples that He is going to wash their feet. The Lord explained that the body is clean but the feet are dirty. Our soul is clean through salvation, but because we live in this wicked world and walk about in it everyday, our walk for Christ is soiled everyday and must be cleansed.

The second aspect of the believer's cleansing is this daily washing. We must confess our sins and daily allow the Spirit to wash us up. This is how we keep fellowship with our heavenly Father. God will NOT fellowship with believers that dirty themselves spiritually, but He does promise to clean us up if we ask.
Mrs. Ava has a little prayer for each day and Monday is: Lord, help me wash away my selfishness and vanity so I may serve you with perfect humility through the week ahead.

Labels: