Thimble Thoughts: Smooth Sailing

Monday, September 11, 2006

Smooth Sailing

Today was our first day back to school. What a morning! We started out with a few rough waves, but it was smooth sailing once we got in the groove of things.

I didn't realize that Harrison had a habit of mumbling or grunting to himself when he was working. I had the children at the table this morning and had given Harrison some things to do while I taught The Middle Ages to Justin and Hannah. The whole time we're talking and discussing our topic, I'm hearing Harrison critique his writing techniques or making a slight grunting noise. I told him several times that he needed to be quiet. A few times, I would just touch his arm to which he would always know what I meant. I taught him how to study his spelling words and sent him to the couch to study while Justin and Hannah were left working on finding some countries on the globe that we had discussed in our lesson.

I had to make a quick phonecall and stepped out on the front porch when a few minutes into my conversation, he stepped out and said, "Mom, I can NOT concentrate with Hannah and Justin in here talking and making noise!"

I just giggled and thought to myself how ironic that he would be upset over THEM making too much noise. LOL Oh me. Sooo funny.

Bruce and I took some baby toys that Hannah and Harrison have outgrown to our Sunday School teacher's baby girl. She was so thrilled. She got a Little Tykes car, the turtle sandbox, a club house, and a tricycle. It was somewhat bittersweet for me. Knowing that my babies had so many hours of fun with those toys and were no longer small enough to enjoy them. But I'm so glad that little Naomi will have fun with them. Naomi barely comes to my kneecap and is going to be a big sister. LOL Her older sister, Cheyenne, is one of my Hannah's good friends. They are very excited about the new baby on the way. Sis Tammy found out today what they were having, but I'm not going to tell until she's had a chance to get the word out herself. (You're welcome, Mrs. Tammy)

This week, especially, is going to be very busy for me so if I don't show up on your blog to leave comments, you'll know why. I just need to stay on top of things during school. Hope to hear from YOU though and I'll be checking in on your blogs when I can.

Labels: