Thimble Thoughts: First Night Of SIGMA

Thursday, September 07, 2006

First Night Of SIGMA

We had our first night of SIGMA with our youth group tonight. Brother RJ seemed to have everything under control for the first night considering the kids were really wired and ready to start the new year.

Bruce and I have a pretty good group of kids on our team and we're going to enjoy being with them this year. We had 23 kids on our team Saturday and picked up two more tonight. I don't know if it's just me or what, but it seems to me that seventh graders look so much smaller than they did when I was in the seventh grade. It's that, or we just grow em' small here. I don't know.

The newbies looked a little overwhelmed to me, as they did to Sis Liz. As a matter of fact, it was all over their faces. But as their predecessors, they will survive in the jungle......we pray.

Tonight we chose our teams. We are the Nu Delta Builders. Our team verse is Ephesians 2:22, "In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit."

Our RUSH night has been set and we'll only have two weeks to prepare for it. A lot of points for our teams ride on RUSH night. So we have a lot of planning to do. The kids had a LOT of great ideas and I know it's going to turn out great. Can't wait!

I won't be home tomorrow. I'll be running errands, babysitting my little sweetie pie girls, CelinePhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting and Carissa Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting, and then rushing home to fix something for supper. But what??? Oh dear....time for my thinking cap......now where did I put that thing anyway?


Labels: ,