Thimble Thoughts: It Is Written

Friday, September 08, 2006

It Is Written

I wasn't able to make all my blog rounds yesterday because I was sick. Terribly sick with the stomach flu.

It started a few days ago with Harrison. With him, it came and went rather quickly. And I mean within just a couple of hours!

The next day, Hannah and I came down with it in the wee morning hours. For some reason, I was the only one that ran a fever with aches in my joints. At least I THINK I'm the only one. Justin came down with it at 1:00 last night. He has a "Big Brother" outing with SIGMA tonight so I hope he's feeling better to go to that. I still feel icky and have a really bad headache, but I believe I'm on the mend. Praise the LORD!

Have you ever noticed that the majority of the time the stomach flu hits, it's in the wee morning hours. Why is that? Is it because we're active during the day and we don't pay attention to when our bodies are telling us something. Or is it because the virus just KNOWS when you're wanting to rest and that's when it attacks.

It reminds me of the devil. He likes to attack when we're feeling our weakest, both physically and spiritually. In Matthew 4 it says that when Jesus was in the wilderness forty days and forty nights and was afterward hungry, Satan came to tempt Him. He didn't tempt Christ right off the bat when He was feeling strong in mind and body. Instead, he waited until Christ had been there forty days and nights. Christ (still God) was human and fasting and weak and tired. Satan thought that if he could tempt Christ at His weakest moment, that he could cause Him to sin and ultimately defeat Calvary. But it backfired on him. Christ rebuked Satan with scripture. Three times tempted, Christ said, "It is written..."

When Satan finds you at your weakest moment, follow the example of Christ and fight him with scripture. He can fight our flesh, but he canNOT fight the WORD.


Labels: