Thimble Thoughts: Out Of Everything Pancakes

Friday, September 15, 2006

Out Of Everything Pancakes

Do you ever get so busy that you don't make it to the store and have to "create" something to eat? Well, that sort of happened to me this morning. We were out of everything and I ended up making pancakes out of whatever I could grab from the cabinets.

I knew I wanted to fix the children pancakes, but soon found out I didn't have pancake mix. So I decided to use flour and milk. But then soon realized I didn't have milk. So I used eggs and water. Then I thought that the kids would enjoy them better with some chocolate chips. But again, I didn't have any. So Hannah suggested I use the Hershey's cocoa. I took her suggestion and it did add some chocolate flavor. I began to pour the mix on the griddle when I realized that I might not have any syrup. That was not a problem. I was out of everything, except syrup. As a matter of fact, I had three bottles of syrup in the cabinet and one in the fridge.

I know my Mother will be reading this, so just to clear it up, I WILL be going grocery shopping today. ;o)

Labels: