Thimble Thoughts: Work Day

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Work Day

Having the computer surrounded by flour and liquids is probably not a good idea while I'm in the kitchen. But I wanted to post something for today because I plan on getting in bed a little earlier tonight than usual. I really need to get more sleep. Getting in bed after 2:-- AM is not going to be profitable during the school year when I require the children up at 6:30. So I'm trying to put myself on a better schedule. My goal is to be in bed thirty minutes after Bruce leaves for work.....yeah right! My friend, Susan D, from church knew I had trouble falling asleep with Bruce gone so she bought me a cup that says, Dear God, I just can't sleep. Want to talk? Yep, that's me. Thanks, Susan. I drink from it often. :)

I had a good day today. I was at the church around 10:-- or just a little before that this morning and started working on the fellowship building and some of the decorations for the lady's meeting this coming Monday. Pam showed up around an hour after I got there and worked with me until about 3:45. Thanks, Pam.
We sponge painted some wooden panels and cut out letters. I won't bore you with the details. You know you'll see pictures of the meeting and I'll explain it then.
The theme for this meeting is "Teach Me, Lord." It's going to be really good. The decorations are things you associate with school. Books, apples, blackboards, etc. I'm eager to hear what Mrs. Ava has for us that night.

Well, my supper is nearly finished and I have hungry people standing over my shoulders. So I'm outta here!

And remember:
Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying. Proverbs 19:18