Thimble Thoughts: As I Promised....PICTURES!!!

Monday, August 14, 2006

As I Promised....PICTURES!!!

I'm having to do this post in spurts because I guess I had too many pictures. They wouldn't let me post it all in one post. So!....

Sunday was a very good day. Busy and good. I used to think I had to have those Sunday afternoon naps. After all....it is a day of rest. Right? Well, technically, it's a day of rest from work, but not from God. So when our morning service ends at 1:00 and I have to be back at 4:00 to work with the Daughters of Faith, or Justin has to be back at 4:30 to practice with the Sons of Faith, or there's a special project that needs to be worked on for the evening service, I try to keep a joyful attitude. I mean, what kind of Christian parent would I be if I demonstrated a bad attitude toward service in front of my children? So when Sunday comes and it's busy and hour runs into hour, I just thank the Lord that I have the opportunity to serve.

My Sunday started out with Brother Johnny calling me at 9:00 asking me to take the five year old Sunday School class since Sis Susan was sick and my Mother was out of town. (By the way, if you're reading this, Sis Susan, I hope you're feeling better. We missed your sweet smile.) Anyway, I was glad to help in that class. To be perfectly honest, if someone were to ask me what class I preferred to teach, I honestly wouldn't know what to say. Each age group is so special and unique in their own ways. I just love them all. So needless to say, I was more than happy to fill that gap. I decided to teach on baby Moses, but was quickly informed by little sister Haili that, "We already know THAT story!" But since I already had my coloring papers we were at least going to REVIEW baby Moses. And review we did. I only had two five year olds, Haili and Harrison. But I know two five year olds who know the story of baby Moses, for sure and for certain. Sis Susan and Mom have done a great job teaching their little ones and it was very evident. So Kudos to Haili and Harrison for knowing their Bible stories!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After morning service we came home to Tyson's steak patties. Have you had them? They're great for a quick meal. Anyway, after I took Dolly home and got her settled, I ran to the store to pick up a dessert and drink for the youth afterglow following the evening service. Then back to pick the kids up, and off to church. We had choir practice and then service began. It was one of those really sweet services where the Holy Ghost of God gets in and people are praising the Lord and hitting the alter. I love those services. And then there was baptizing. Jordon and Mason were baptized. It was so sweet to see these little boys follow through with believer's baptism.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Jordon

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Mason