Thimble Thoughts: School Books Finally Ordered!!

Monday, August 21, 2006

School Books Finally Ordered!!

Mom and Dad always buy the children's school books. This year was no exception. So after going through all of my books to see what I needed and did not need to order, I finally got this year's curriculum ordered and they are on their way. Thank you, Mom and Dad, for buying their books. That is so sweet of y'all!!

What a job it was! I've tried to keep all of our books to pass down. The first couple of years Justin and Hannah used Bob Jones. We switched over to Christian Liberty Press and ABeka when Justin was in the second grade. I have almost all the books from there on so next year I shouldn't have to buy too much for Harrison and Hannah. Although Justin's books are becoming more expensive. LOL

While we wait for the books to arrive, I'll be working on decorating for the Ladie's Fellowship and a room in the church that needs to be cleaned out. But once school starts I'll be ready to hit the grindstone again. I'm really excited about starting school this year. I always liked the first day of school.

I had two unexpected visitors today. One was our former neighbor, Natalie. I hope I spelled her name correctly. Her husband, Greg, graduated from high school with Bruce. She was on her way home from the store and decided to just stop in. And I'm so glad she did. It was good to see her. I hope she comes back soon. We're making plans to go see them too.

She hadn't been gone long when I heard Hannah and Harrison say that Uncle John was here. That's my brother for those of you who don't know. He stopped by to give Tipsy's leash to me. He took care of her while we were away this weekend. Tipsy loves John. She was so excited to see him and cried at the door when he left. It was almost pitiful. I believe she remembers when John rescued her and her siblings as puppies. Anyway, it was good to see him too. So we had two unexpected visitors this evening. That NEVER happens. But it was nice.

This has been such an emotional and physical day for me around the house. So I'm closing it down and going to bed. I have to be up EARLY in the morning to work at the church. I've enjoyed doing that since I haven't been babysitting. It's been nice being able to help out when I can.

OK, so goodbye!! Goodnight!! Sleep tight!!

Labels: