Thimble Thoughts: My Wednesday Thought

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

My Wednesday Thought

Yesterday I went to the church to work on cleaning out a resource room. It is slowly becoming a place for storing things that really need to be thrown out. There were three greeting card racks in there with HUNDREDS of greeting cards in them. Apparently, a local owned Bible bookstore had gone out of business and had given our church some of the items that were left in the store. Anyway, the cards had been stored in there for so long and things had been piled on top of them that a lot of the cards were bent, torn, or faded and I just threw them away. I went through all of them and put them in their proper categories lining them up on three long tables down the upstairs hallway with all the envelopes divided into colors and size. The church will announce this evening that anyone interested in these cards may go up and take whatever they want and how much they want. That's one way of getting rid of them! It took from 11:00 to 3:00 to do that one job. So needless to say, I'll be working on that room some more soon. There are dozens of video tapes from our services that need to be placed in chronological order and that will be the next job, I believe. These master copies go all the way back to '99, three services a week and special services for 52 weeks a year. I love doing stuff like that. LOL

I'm really excited right now. Since Bruce and I will be working in SIGMA I won't be singing on a regular basis with my Pee Wee Pirates. However, I still get to work with them on the Christmas Program and I spoke to Sis Janet today and she's going to order the Patch the Pirate play Peanut Butter Christmas for me from Majesty Music. This story is about a family stranded in a motel room at Christmas because of a snowstorm. Bruce and I were actually in this play as the mother several years back when Sis Rachel (
Courtney's Mom) directed the youth choir at our former church. I've always wanted to do this play with our kids at Faith, and I'm so excited that we're finally going to be able to do it. I know it's going to be cute and I know it will be a blessing.

Well, it's a wonderful Wednesday afternoon and right now I'm going to flip through my favorite blogs to see if anyone has updated and then I'm off to start supper. Hope you're having a wonderful "hump day." I learned that from
Tori. Isn't that funny?

Labels: ,