Thimble Thoughts: This and That and This

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

This and That and This

Bruce and I ate at Showmar's Friday night. We love their gyro dinners. While we were out, there were little babies everywhere. I mean brand new babies. It made us wish we had another one. Then we went to Wal Mart and saw a bunch of screaming toddlers and whiners and were glad we didn't. LOL OK, THAT WAS A JOKE!!!!!!!

Truth is, we were thinking how nice it would be if there was another little bundle to cuddle and kiss. We decided that even though it was late we would stop and pick up Celine and Carissa if they wanted to come, since Celine is always begging to spend the night. But she was acting all weird about it, wanting to stay with her mama. I think she was afraid her daddy wouldn't pick her up the next morn to take her to grandma's house. Carissa said she wanted to go, which shocked all of us. She ran and got her shoes, grabbed her little bag that her mommy packed for her, kissed her daddy, and then walked to her mother, grabbed her hand and said, "I bwing my mama wif me." We just died laughing. Needless to say, we had no little ones in the house that night. But Hannah and Harrison were glad to stay up and eat ice cream we brought back home while waiting up for their brother to get home from the Melting Pot. He had a great time. Thank you, Mike, Kim, and Taylor. He had a blast with y'all and Madison, Jonathan and Jenn.

This is an old picture of Bruce's mandolin in progress. I haven't taken another picture of it since he finished it Saturday. Honestly, we were both expecting it to have a box sound, seeing it's the first one he's ever made. But it was loud and beautiful! I am so proud of him!! I'll have a picture with a video of him playing it soon.

Celine and Carissa did come over Monday afternoon. It's always fun to have them here. And of course when Bruce came to sit down in the living room, Carissa found her spot on the couch next to him and there she stayed until he got up. I don't know how many pictures I have of Bruce and Carissa in this same spot. Except for different clothes, they're all the same picture.


Justin helped his dad change the bearings on my car the other day. I'm not sure how he got those grease marks on his face, but it cracked me up. I guess Bruce neglected the lesson on never touching your face when your hands are covered in grease.
Justin worked yesterday. I dropped him off and really hated to leave him knowing there was no cool place to rest during his lunch break. But he assured me he would all right. Isn't that just like a mother?



Hannah is dog sitting for her piano teacher this week. Well, she's our church pianist also. Anyway, her name is Trixie. She's a minature Datsun and spoiled rotten. But isn't she cute?


Harley is less impressed with Trixie than the rest of us and has let her know it under no uncertain terms.


As you can see, Yogi is about as big as Trixie. Yogi isn't as long as Trixie, but they weigh about the same, if Yogi doesn't weigh more! They seem to get along all right. Just curious of each other.

Labels: , , , , , ,