Thimble Thoughts: A Few Thanks...

Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Few Thanks...

We had a really great time Saturday night. Bruce and I were so thankful for those that showed up for Justin's party. We were in awe at the nearly 70 people that were there to help him celebrate his sixteenth birthday. Only four were immediate family and the rest were church family. What a blessing! The greatest blessing was knowing that each of those people in attendace love our son. Several told me how much of a blessing Justin is to them and that was a blessing for this mama to hear. I told Justin he could invite a few adults at church that meant something special to him. We were so glad to have them there. I would have LOVED to have invited the entire church, but we had to limit it to SIGMA and their families and then I was really surprised to see how many parents stayed. I honestly thought they would drop their children off and go. But I was thrilled to know they all felt welcomed and we were honored to have each of them there.

Thank you, Mom and Dad for being there and for sharing in Justin's special moment. It meant so much to him. You have always been there to help and share in every milestone of my children's lives. They will always remember. Thank you, mom, for those delicious sloppy joes. They were great! I'm looking forward to you sharing the leftovers with us.
;)

Thank you, Brother Mike, that in the midst of your own personal storm, you opened your home to our family, to our son, and to our friends. You are a blessing to our family and an encouragement to us as we watch you press forward, regardless of the circumstances. We appreciated your hospitality more than you will ever know!

Thank you, Pastor and Mrs. Ava, for coming. I know you stay EXTREMELY busy. It meant so much to our entire family that you made the time to come. We were humbled and honored to have you there with us.

Thank you, Amy, for that totally awesome cake! I do believe it was your best yet! Both in taste and decoration. I'm thankful the Lord brought you and your sweet family to Faith. You're a blessing!

Thank you, Mander, for those delicious cocktail weiners!! The two I ate were great. HA! You were so sweet to offer to bring something. You're like a sister to me. But then you know that, don't you?

Thank you, Mrs. Janet, Kim, Rebecca, Mander, Pam, Crystal, Jenn, and Meghan for helping clean up after the party. You are all special to me and my family. I appreciated your help so much. Especially since my *dogs* were killing me!! lol

If I have neglected to thank those of you who helped us in any way, please forgive me, but know that I am grateful for each of you just the same.

Labels: