Thimble Thoughts

Friday, March 07, 2008

It's raining, it's pouring, the redhead's been snorring!

Photobucket

Bruce and I went to lunch after I finished mom's house this morning. We went to our favorite fish camp, Love's Fish Box. When we walked in we saw a man we go to church with. His family has undergone a recent tragedy in their lives and he looked so sad sitting there by himself. Bruce and I sat there with him as he talked about how things were going in his family's life right now. Cried about things. Laughed. As a matter of fact, when he left, he walked out with a big smile on that humble face of his and I know the Lord brought us to him today.

Bruce and I ran a couple of errands before returning home. I immediately changed into warm clothes (jammers) and crawled into my bed. I hadn't planned on doing that, but when I walked into my room, it was as though the bed was gently whispering to me, "Come.....come....." Shortly thereafter, my feather pillows began to echo, "Come.....come......" So I did. There was exactly thirty-two minutes before Bruce had to get ready for work so he came to bed too for a short nap. The room was dark, the covers were warm, and the sound of rain put our thoughts to rest for a good half hour nap. It's funny how thirty minutes takes for ever in the grocery line, but never seems as long when you're napping.

Speaking of groceries....gotta go!

Labels: