Thimble Thoughts

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Here's another video of the young men's bluegrass group playing Sunday night. Well, young men and one old one. hehehe....just pickin' Brother Mike! Get it? "pickin'?" Bluegrass? never mind.

I'm really proud of all the boys, but two in particular. Mark and Justin have been playing for a while but Clint and Gary have only been taking lessons for a little while. Clint's been playing banjo over a year (Crystal, please correct me if I'm wrong on that. There's been quite the debate here about it this morning lol) and Gary has just taken up the fiddle not more than just a few weeks ago. Both of these boys are quiet and somewhat shy and I know it took a lot for them to get up there. So keep on working at it, boys!

Here they are playing I'll Fly Away. Justin is singing lead on this one. He sings tenor on the chorus, which I was really surprised to hear him do that. I don't think he's sung tenor in a while. Mark sang lead on Will The Circle Be Unbroken.

Labels: ,