Thimble Thoughts: Bloggy Break's Over!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bloggy Break's Over!

I was going to take the entire week from blogging, but I've accomplished a good bit the last couple of days and today there was something that changed my mind on taking the whole week away from my favorite hobby. So, I'm back!

This picture is for mom. She wanted to see how my cookbooks look on my shelf. I had toyed with different ideas as to what to put on the shelf and decided my favorite cookbooks could go up there. The others are put away on a bookshelf, but these I use quite often. I also have TONS of the Kraft Food and Family magazines, which I dearly love retrieving from my mailbox. So I'm cutting out the recipes I like from those and making a scrapbook recipe book. I'll show you that when I have finished it.





Along with my cookbooks, I also put a basket of ivy and my favorite mulling spice for when I get a hankering for hot apple cider.

When I carried out the old microwave and found higher ground for the cookbooks, I couldn't believe the counter space I'd been missing. Whatever will I do with it??

Since my spice cabinet is now gone, I had to figure out where to put my spices and cake decorations. That is where, once again, my dear hubby's handiwork comes in. He had some caddies in his woodshop and told me I could pick one out.





I had thought about keeping it on the counter, but why would I do that now that I have counter space?? So after cleaning and rearranging my cabinets, this spice caddy ended up on a lower shelf, easily accessible for when I need something. There were LOTS of other things in that cabinet. Such as packages of onion soup mix, bread crumbs, etc. They ended up in another cabinet which is holding all of my baking supplies.


I've been gearing up for end of grade testing this week also. I'll be ordering their tests within the week. So we'll be pouring it on strong the next couple of months to finish out this school year. I'm looking forward to summer already!

Tomorrow is our co-op day and we'll be having a policeman who is also a member of our church, come in to talk to the children. He's K-9 patrol, so I'm pretty sure he'll be bringing his dog. I'm looking forward to that.

Due to a busy schedule this week and weekend, I don't know when I'll be posting again. But you know I will when I can!

Labels: