Thimble Thoughts: Daddy

Monday, August 27, 2007

Daddy


This is daddy and Hannah Friday evening. You can tell he's still running a fever here. His face and neck were so hot.

Bruce and I just came from the hospital a little bit ago. He showed me his wound from surgery and it looked really good. It was not red and puffy at all. I imagine all the antibiotics they have given him has helped with that.

While we were there, he had just finished dialysis and they were taking him down for his fistulagram, which is a diagnostics test on the port in his arm for his dialysis. I believe there is a reason for everything and that the Lord used the port to get him to the hospital so they could find that his gall bladder needed to be removed. I also believe that his fistulagram is going to come back good. It may need a little tweaking but I don't believe it will need to be replaced.

Daddy has really appreciated all the phone calls and visits. There have been numerous calls and visits since word got out of his condition. However, he has not been able to rest well and our Pastor announced yesterday to please hold the calls and visits. Daddy appreciated that so much. He had a very restful day Sunday and wants everyone to know how much he appreciates the fact that you love him and are praying for him.

I am in the process of uploading a video of daddy in the hospital. I hope it works. If you are a blogger, you may have noticed that when you go to do a new post, you can add a video clip straight from the computer without having to use YouTube, Photobucket, etc. I sure do hope it works!

Elapsed Time, 3 minutes.

Oh well...it didn't work. It's new and probably needs some kinks worked out. Maybe next time.



Labels: ,