Thimble Thoughts: Library, Park, Museum

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Library, Park, Museum

Today, the kids and I met up with Sis Pam and her kids and went to the Library, the historical museum here in town, and then ate lunch at the park. We had a very good time. The museum was great. They had a disply of old timey toys and they were so neat. I could just picture my parents playing with some of them. Of course I am NOT saying my parents are old timey...Just the toys. :) And as usual, here are some pictures.


The Museum is in the old KM Post Office


A game called Carroms


I loved the tin Merry Go Round in this picture.



This was a little wood stove with cooking pots on it next to
a little table. It was my favorite at the museum.


Hannah, Harrison, and Nicole behind the display case of
the music toys. Nicole was switching her gum in her mouth
for the picture only I didn't know that until I had already
taken it. LOL


The Dick and Jane Display.


Here are the tin vehicles. On this side you could
see the trucks and cars and also the guns and sheriff badges.
On the other side.........

......were the airplanes. I'm not for sure and for certain,
but if I had to guess, Caleb liked these best.


Here is a little desk (so cute), lunch box and Abacus


I liked this display too because of the bottom shelf. There
was a little cookbook called Jolly Times Cookbook and all
the baking utensils. They were all so cute.


Here are the old riding toys. The bicycles, wagon, and tractor.


Sis Pam told Caleb that the riding toy to the right was
one of the first four-wheelers. But he said, "No, it's not!
That's not a four-wheeler." Pam and I just giggled.


I LOVED this doll house. You can see the mother reading
a story to her child while the baby rides the dog in the bottom
left room. Honestly, I would have loved to play with that
today.


This was the front of the doll house. There was a porch
swing, a family name plate by the front door, and small
pots of flowers on the steps. How cute is that?


Here was an Erector set, train set, and other tin toys.


Justin, Caleb, Harrison, Nicole, and Hannah

Labels: