Thimble Thoughts: You Can't Have It...My Father Gave It To Me

Sunday, March 30, 2008

You Can't Have It...My Father Gave It To Me

We took our teens to Gateway Baptist for a Youth Jubilee tonight to hear Brother Tommy Steele. I had never heard him preach and I have to say, I was really blessed to hear him tonight. When we first got there, we were invited into the fellowship building for a supper of pizza, salad, macaroni salad, and dessert. I liked the verse they used for their fellowship building, "Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine."


After supper, we made our way into the auditorium for the service.


The "R" family was there with little Jacob, who was quite content to rest on his mommy.



Here's Brother RJ standing with the other preachers and Youth Pastors introducing himself and what church he was from. He was the very last one called on.


Shaking hands


Some of the youth singing specials. I believe these girls were from Love Valley. SUSAN, I believe your brother goes to Love Valley...Brother Philbeck's church.


The youth from Gateway and all the visiting youth were asked to come sing a few songs together. They did a great job.


And then it was time for the preaching. Brother Steele preached on "You Can't Have It...My Father Gave It To Me!"
*You can't have my KJV Bible! My Father gave it to me. ~ Don't let the devil take you away from the true Word of God. He gave it to us and the devil will try to take it away from you.

*You can't have my purity! My Father gave it to me. ~ God made you to be pure. Don't give that up. A story he told was of a girl that was being made fun of because she would not give up her purity like the other girls she knew. Her reply to them when they asked her why was that she could be like them any time she wanted to, but they could never go back and be like her. She wanted to keep her purity because it was precious to her being given to her by the Heavenly Father.

*You can't have my parents! My Father gave them to me. ~ Obey your parents. Live by their standards and by their rules. Don't make them worry about you. The devil loves to see a Christian parent walking the floors at night, crying out to God and worrying about their wayward child. Honor and love your parents.

Great sermon!


A pleasant surprise was when we saw Brother Russell Jones and his brand new bride. He attended our church while a student Ambassador Baptist College and we just loved him dearly. He was always a blessing and a fantastic preacher! He and his lovely wife, Amanda, have only been married since December. December 22nd, to be exact. That's mine and Bruce's anniversary. Isn't that neat? They were so funny. You could tell they were newlyweds. I was beginning to think their hands were welded together. ha!


On the way home, I received the greatest blessing of all, talking to a young lady on our bus. She desires to be used by the Lord and she was very much an encouragement to me.

It was a wonderful evening and I'm so glad the Lord allowed me the time to go.

Labels: , ,